Saturday 15 January 2011

Mid January already!

Greetings!

Well we seem to have arrived at mid January already. How did that happen? With today being the 15th, I thought it would be a good idea to give you a progress update.

I have so far resisted the urge to splurge and this week has been my toughest yet...

I started at the gym on Monday night (another resolution that I hope to continue with!) and I had to walk right past the doors of Kurt Geiger, Ted Baker and House of Fraser. 
Usually i'd walk straight in, without giving it a second thought, and it was all the more tempting as Kurt Geiger had a massive 'Sale' sign in the window... However, I kept my head down and power walked straight to the gym!

This is a massive step forward for me, as I can never usually walk past any of my favourite shops without going in for a browse. So to say i'm proud of myself is an understatement.

I was at the gym again last night and i've now found a lift that goes straight from the car park to the gym, which means I can bypass the shops! My willpower is getting stronger, but if I can avoid the shops in Westfield altogether, then even better! 


But unfortunately, I can't avoid temptation in Ealing Broadway....

This afternoon I had to pop to the Post Office to post 4 pairs of shoes I sold on eBay earlier in the week. It only took about 4 minutes to walk from the car park to the Post Office, but there was massive temptation along the route. 

I had to walk past Warehouse, which is one of my favourite clothes shops! My wardrobe is full of Warehouse clothes as they do the best work wear. My favourite skinny black jeans also come from there. How did I deal with this? I kept my eyes facing forward and didn't even glance in the windows!

Next up was Office... As you know, I am a massive shoeaholic (I don't think this is actually a word, but i'm going to use it!) and can easily spend all day browsing shoe shops. It's probably my favourite pastime. On a single trip to Selfridges last August, I bought 3 pairs of shoes which set me back nearly £900. 1 pair of YSL Tribtoos and 2 pairs of Kurt Geigers. Again, with my eyes facing forward I marched straight past. 2 shops avoided, 1 to go...

The final temptation, which is also the Post Office's next door neighbour, was Top Shop. There is a pair of skinny faux leather leggings in here that I was hunting high and low for before Christmas, before realising I should probably check my local branch. Guess what? They had them in stock, but I never got a chance to go and buy them. So now was my chance to finally buy them having lusted after them for so long, right? Wrong! I walked straight past and virtually dived head first into the Post Office.

I can't tell you how hard it was for me to not pay attention to these shops, but I managed it and I managed it pretty well in my opinion.


And so tonight I think I deserve a reward of some sort... I think I may treat myself to a take away and maybe a glass of wine or 2. I'll be able to work it all off tomorrow as i'm heading to the gym about 8.30am. Yes, really.


So, 15 days in and the resolution is going strong. Here's to the next 15 days. Let's hope I can report back at the end of January that I haven't purchased anything on the forbidden list!


Have a good weekend my lovelies!

1 comment:

  1. started reading your post!. looking forward to reading more of your adventures

    ---------------
    Pigalle Passions
    http://www.cl-pigalle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete